Militer Australia kembali diguncang skandal seks. Seorang militer muda diduga memfilmkan dirinya sedang bercinta dengan kadet wanita, kemudian menyiarkannya di internet.
Menteri Pertahanan Stephen Smith menyatakan, jika terbukti maka ia tak bisa membayangkan betapa besar ‘pengkhianatan’ terhadap militer ini. Setelah perempuan 18 tahun yang tak disebutkan namanya di Akademi Angkatan Bersenjata Australia mempublikasikan klaimnya.
Beberapa gambar dari video itu beredar di akademi. Si kadet perempuan merasa dunianya hancur dan benar-benar muntah saat melihat video dirinya sendiri. “Saya sempat minta izin keluar saat diwawancarai, saya langsung sakit secara fisik,” ujarnya.
Kasus ini sedang diperiksa oleh polisi. Pejabat militer memperingatkan, siapapun yang terlibat akan terancam karir militernya. Militer Australia mendapat sejumlah reputasi yang tak diketahui karena suka mabuk-mabukan dan sengaja mengincar perempuan. - inilah.com -
Minister Slams Defence Over Hearing
The unnamed 18-year-old female student went public on Tuesday after vision of her having consensual sex with a male cadet was broadcast to other cadets.
Mr Smith said he was deeply concerned about a decision to hold a hearing on Wednesday into a separate matter of drinking and absenteeism when the woman was clearly in a distressed state.
Advertisement: Story continues below
"Today, at 11am, the young woman concerned was subject to a hearing under the defence disciplinary proceedings," Mr Smith told Sky News.
"This related to events in March which were suggestions or allegations of being absent without leave and drinking."
Mr Smith said the decision to persist with the hearing could be deemed "completely stupid".
"I very strongly believe that the holding of such a hearing today, in the aftermath of these events, is not only inappropriate, insensitive and wrong - it's almost certainly faulty at law," Mr Smith said.
The woman said she was happy to go ahead with the previously scheduled proceedings and then pleaded guilty, Mr Smith said.
But, Mr Smith, said he wanted the conviction quashed and had spoken to Chief of Defence, Air Marshal Angus Houston, about the matter.
"On her own admission she is in a deeply-distressed state."
Mr Smith said his preliminary advice was that the woman's guilty plea would be reviewed by a legal officer or a commanding officer.
"My own judgment is that an error of law has occurred but that'll be a matter for others."
He said Mr Houston had been similarly surprised by the decision to persist with the hearing.
Mr Smith said he was not sure whether the head of ADFA had known about the hearing but he was seeking to find out.
"When I have got that answer I will of course make that public," he said.
Mr Smith sidestepped a question about whether he was prepared to express full confidence in the head of ADFA.
"I want to take this step by step."
Mr Smith said the charges against the woman were considered "quite minor".
In a later press conference Mr Smith said the woman had been granted compassionate leave but had been asked to first make a statement to investigators.
Mr Smith said shaving cream was sprayed on the woman's door in what was thought to be retaliation for her decision to go public with her allegations.
Asked if the woman had been asked to apologise or make a statement of personal regret to other cadets over her behaviour, Mr Smith said he was seeking advice on the issue. - www.allvoices.com -